Keyboard Shortcuts with the Performance Upgrade
Just in case you aren’t being productive enough while using FogBugz with the Performance Upgrade, you can reach break-neck bug-tracking speed by using keyboard shortcuts at the same time!
We have implemented keyboard shortcuts in the FogBugz Performance Upgrade by taking advantage of a Web Browser feature called Access Keys. How you will trigger the keyboard shortcuts in FogBugz depends on how your web browser triggers Access Keys.
FogBugz has the following Access Keys available for the nimble-fingered among you.
FogBugz Help and Information
Completing an Edit
For Your Server or non-Performance Upgrade Keyboard Shortcuts
If you are not using the Performance Upgrade in FogBugz On Demand or you are using FogBugz For Your Server, then don’t despair; there are still keyboard shortcuts available to you!
To activate the keyboard shortcuts, press Ctrl+; (hold down Ctrl and press the semicolon key) on any page. Little yellow tags will appear over each action with its shortcut.
- Press the key shown to perform the action,
- Press Ctrl+; again to rotate through different sets of keyboard shortcuts,
- Or press Esc to make the tags go away.
When you’re looking at the list of cases, press Ctrl+;, then J to go into keyboard mode and use the cursor keys (⇑, ⇓, Home, End, Page Up, and Page Down) keys to select a case. Once you’ve selected a case press Enter ↵ to view it.
- In some browsers, including Firefox and Internet Explorer, Alt+; can be used as an alternative to Ctrl+;.
- On non-English keyboards, try Ctrl+, (comma) or Ctrl+` (backtick).
- In certain browsers, including Opera, the arrow keys are not available. Use J and K to navigate up and down within a list.