Our recommended setup is Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2. FogBugz should work on Windows Server 2012, but we haven’t yet fully QA’d it and do not support it officially. Generally, installing FogBugz on Windows Server 2012 is a smooth experience. Most of the issues we’ve come across are with configuring IIS properly.
IIS Configuration Details
Here are detailed steps based on the above link for installing IIS and the prerequisites:
- Install IIS.
- In IIS, install the following roles:
- Common HTTP Features (all)
- Application Development (all except CGI)
- Health and Diagnostics (just HTTP Logging, Logging Tools, Request Monitor, or all if you want)
- Security (Request Filtering)
- Performance (Static Content Compression)
- Management Tools (IIS Management Console, IIS 6 Management Compatibility)
- In Server Manager -> Features:
- Role Administration Tools > Web Server (IIS) Tools
- Install .NET Framework 3.5.1 Features > .NET Framework 3.5.1
- Install Application Development Features (based on this MSDN article)
As always, if you run in to any issues and have a question for us please contact us.